1. Our website
The National Bushfire Recovery Agency (the Agency) website is managed by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (the Department). This notice outlines the Department’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in relation to your use of this website in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
Clickstream data (information logged)
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. This ‘clickstream data’ is collected for statistical purposes and is used to help improve this website. The following information is supplied by your browser (for example Internet Explorer) and collected by us:
- the user’s server address
- the user’s operating system (for example Windows, MAC)
- the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
When you email us personal information, or provide it to us through ‘contact us’ options provided through this site:
- we will record your email address and any other information submitted
- we will use this information for the purpose for which you provide it
- your email address will not be added to a mailing list, unless provided by you specifically for that purpose.
If you fail to provide us with a minimum level of information (usually marked with an asterisk and generally, an email address), we may not be able to respond to you.
We will only disclose your personal information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was given to us with your consent or where we are otherwise authorised or permitted to do so under the Privacy Act.
2. Communicating with you
The Agency collects your personal information (such as your name and your email address), to communicate with you about your specific bushfire recovery related case or situation, to distribute the Agency’s official newsletter (if you’ve subscribed) or to respond to a specific request you have submitted.
You can choose to receive updates and information through our newsletter by subscribing. You can also choose to communicate with us using social media at @FireRecoveryAU on Facebook or Twitter. These are voluntary services.
If you would like to communicate with us directly you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +61 2 6228 6300.
Social networking services
If you choose to communicate with us through a social network service such as Facebook or Twitter:
- we may collect your personal information to help us communicate with you and the public
- the social network service providers (and potentially their partners) may collect, use, and hold your personal information, including overseas
- the social networking service providers will also handle your personal information for their own purposes. These services have their own privacy policies. You can access the privacy policies for Twitter (link opens new window), Facebook (link opens new window) and YouTube (link opens new window) (a Google company) on their websites.
Subscription newsletter services
The Agency uses a third party provider, Campaign Monitor, to communicate our newsletter to subscribers.
If you choose to receive this newsletter:
- we will provide your personal information to the third party service provider, Campaign Monitor, for the purposes of sending the newsletter and other related communications to you.
Other than Campaign Monitor, we will not provide the information collected from you to anyone else outside the Department – unless you have given consent for us to do this, or the law otherwise requires or permits us to do so.
Providing the requested information is voluntary. If you choose not to provide us with your email address, we will not be able to add you to the newsletter distribution list to send you the newsletter.
|Telephone||02 6271 5849|
The Privacy Officer