Locally-based Recovery Support Officers (RSOs) help support the recovery of bushfire-affected communities. RSOs represent the National Bushfire Recovery Agency (NBRA) in these communities and provide day-to-day help. RSOs are part of the Liaison Network, and work with local and state government counterparts to ensure a coordinated approach to locally-led recovery.
- provide advice on all the bushfire recovery assistance available
- help connect you with the right support for your situation
- help you fill out forms and navigate the application process
- represent the NBRA at community forums and events, either individually or as a member of a small team
- support local councils in bushfire recovery efforts
- work in close consultation with local council Community Recovery Officers
If you live in an area affected by the bushfires and have questions or concerns, let your local RSO know. RSOs work closely with partners across the Australian, state, and local governments to see what help and support is available to you.
RSOs are currently based in these areas, but can assist across any bushfire-affected area.
- Bega, NSW
- Eurobodalla, NSW
- Shoalhaven, NSW
- Snowy Valleys, NSW
- Wagga, NSW
- Alpine, VIC
- East Gippsland, VIC
- Towong, VIC
- Wangaratta, VIC
- Parndana, SA
- Adelaide Hills, SA
- Warwick, QLD
We have more locally-recruited RSOs coming on-board soon to support other bushfire-affected areas. By bringing on people with local knowledge, we are helping to ensure a familiarity with the bushfire affected area they are embedded with.