Commemorative bushfire book photo submissions
Share your personal experience of the 2019-20 ‘Black Summer’ bushfires and what relief and recovery looks like to you through photos. We want to see what represents your or your communities’ journey, which is different for everyone.
Your best quality photos might be included in a commemorative book that will tell the stories of what people in bushfire-affected communities around Australia experienced, their resilience and their recovery journey.
The National Bushfire Recovery Agency has partnered with publisher HarperCollins to produce a book that will be an uplifting and inspiring dedication to the people who survived the bushfires, and sadly those who did not. It will be a testament to the resilient Australian spirit which saw communities coming together to support each other.
Every person and community has a unique story to tell. By sharing your photos, you can help your community’s stories be heard, and future generations can learn about what happened.
How to submit
Email your photo/s to NBRAphotos@bushfirerecovery.gov.au by no later than 5pm AEDT 5 February 2021 with the following information:
- Name as you wish to be credited in the book, should your submission be used
- Postal address
- Phone number
- 2 x photos with a 40 word description for each photo.
- Place/location where each photo was taken (postcode and name of suburb, state or territory)
- Date each photo was taken (or approximate)
Your photo/s must be of the highest resolution and in JPG or TIFF format. PDFs or screenshots will not be considered.
- If the photo has clearly identifiable people in it, or children, you must provide the written evidence that the child’s/children’s parents or legal guardians have given permission for the photo to be submitted to the National Bushfire Recovery Agency. You must also provide their contact details (email and phone number at a minimum).
- Maximum file size (per email): 14 MB
Please note that late entries will not be considered.
Things to know before you submit your photos
- You must be the copyright holder of the photos (you must have taken the photo).
- Only submissions that meet the image requirements will be considered for inclusion in the book.
- Submission does not guarantee your images will be published. The publisher is making the final selection.
- By submitting your photos you are providing permission for the images to be used in print and eBook/s with world rights. This includes the publicising of the book in all formats and mediums by the National Bushfire Recovery Agency or any of its publishing partners.
- If your photo is selected for inclusion, you agree to sign any further documentation required by us in connection with the above permission.